Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wanko-noodles and other goofy things

We took into a nice hotel with genuine Swiss theme and yodelaeeooo
A place for meditation.
During that next day we found many goofy things in the woods and the surrounding temples and shrines.
How about this 50000 year old bonsai tree? That long time ago giants lived in this area so that explains the unusually big size of the tree. But to them it was as miniature as can be. When they died out, the tree remained and is cherished daily by lost tourists...
And we topped it off by eating wanko-soba. Many cups of noodles in one mouthful size and as soon as one cup is consumed, the waiter refills the cup with yet another mouthful. Very yummy and fun. Although in the end it started dawning on me that the waiter enjoyed filling my cup just as I was about to sign that I am full by putting the lid on. She beat me to it 5 times until I successfully placed the lid before she gave me more serving. All in all I had around 30 cups. The record currently is around 550 cups!!!!

No comments: